Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The (UN)Fun Parts (Book #14) = Fail


Do no be fooled by this title – this book sucks.  It is not fun to read, it’s not very interesting and it is a swamp and a half to get through.  However, it’s an easy read, so if you need something to add to your checklist, why not.  But again, this book sucks.  The author has gotten high reviews from people from his previous – I don’t know, I’ve not read it.


So this book – oh where to begin – is a conglomerate of stories.  There is a theme: narcissism of the author.  It doesn’t make for a good theme, or a good read, which is why I think I’m so annoyed with this book.  I like the idea of the book, short stories coming together, but it’s just so BORING.  The stories are all droll and dry, and one or two of them were sort of related, but it was like the background character’s aunt’s cousin’s uncle’s sister-in-law---not quite that complicated, but you know what I mean.

There were a couple of interesting stories/chapters, but there were two out of the whole book that I actually enjoyed.  I don’t know why this book is famous, or why the author has so much credit – it’s probably roll over from the last book.  I just don’t know what else to say about this – sorry.  Well, I guess the actual writing was good; clear, concise, ya know, good structure, etc.  But yeah, I don’t recommend this book so avoid it if possible.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment